Sunday, November 18, 2012

Timing is everything

Today, for the first time, I wrote in the gazebo, the thoughts flowing, the stream providing soothing white noise, while my honey worked to build a hutch to store our gazebo supplies. (He's so handy! Gotta love that in a guy.) It's  rare and wonderful--at least for me--to be in a total flow state, writing-wise, where the words just come out ahead of my brain. Sometimes, it almost feels like auto-writing, but it's actually the opposite, because I spend weeks, sometimes months playing with various ideas and first lines in my head before I sit down at the computer. Needless to say, when I do sit down and all that mulling and brooding and procrastinating produces the start to a viable essay, well, it's satisfying.

Of course, it wasn't until after I'd wiled away too many hours on my computer (though I did design my first-ever personal business cards, below) that, refreshed by the third run of the weekend, I was ready to write. I brought my lap top out to the gazebo, where my honey had been laboring all day. I built my first-ever fire (don't be shocked; I was raised a sheltered suburban girl). Then I settled onto one of the paprika-colored sofas with a blanket over me and wrote. I guess it's just like finding love--sometimes it's all about the timing.


A pause amidst hutch-building



Lexi! She wants to be wherever we are. She'll even try to get between me and my computer screen.



I can't wait to get the actual physical versions!

No comments:

Post a Comment