Friday, October 19, 2012

My best unemployed day so far...

Maybe it's because I was gainfully employed the entire time.
1) First, a breakfast with a wonderful writer I've worked with at SELF for the last few years. She gave me a pep talk and inspired me to write for the publications of my dreams.
2) Then off to dailyworth.com to assign stories for this cool website about women and money.
3) Lunch at an old fashioned (circa 1972) lunch counter called Johnny's Luncheonette with my friend. Grilled cheese = comfort food.
4) Home to do two interviews for a little story I'm doing on marriage for ivillage. I like talking to shrinks about marriage, newlywed that I am.
5) Unpacked a box from my office. (Okay, so that was a low point.)
6) Off to hang with my friend and her new baby!

All smiles.


And now it's the weekend. I'm going to try to stay away from my computer and feel free. Hubby is coming into town along with his friends from San Francisco, and we're seeing Al Pacino on Broadway. (Tickets purchased before the layoff. All the more reason to enjoy it.)

I feel pretty good, which I hope means that I will sleep through the night! Ciao!

1 comment: