Sunday, October 7, 2012

Weekends with friends

It's very rare, as a couple, to find other couples that you  totally click with--emotionally and life-stage-wise. It's the same kind of serendipity that happens when you find a life partner--it's just about the chemistry, values, similarity and enough difference to add some spice and exoticism. One wonderful thing about having the lake house is suddenly being in possession of a "friend lure." Everyone wants to come visit and hang on the deck, skim over the water in a kayak or just drink coffee on the deck til noon. Computers are mostly off. Phones are mostly down. These weekends with friends restore my energy and nurture my soul. They bring me back to my best self as opposed to my tightly wound, sometimes cranky self.

No comments:

Post a Comment